Wednesday, February 10, 2010

V-neck tee

I finished this sweater over the weekend. I used the V-Neck Tee pattern by Vladimir Teriokhin published in the Spring/Summer 2008 issue of knit. 1 magazine. I used Fourth of July fiber from Briar Rose Fibers in their brand new The "Dark Side" colorway. The dark color is gorgeous! Chris (the owner of Briar Rose) is an artist! Her colorways are always so beautiful.

I did modify the pattern just a bit. Rather than knit the sleeves per pattern instructions; I simply picked up stitches around the armholes and knit the same rib pattern that is used for the bottom and neckline of the sweater. I like the wider armholes and the sweater vest look that this modification gives.

So what about you? Have you been knitting lately? I'd love for you to leave me a link in the comments section of this post so I can see what you've been creating with fiber. :)

Happy Wednesday!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that sweater. It is really pretty and looks great on you! Way to go girl!
~Julia

Anonymous said...

It turned out SO CUTE Cindy! I love the reverse stockinette. Very cool.

suzyplant said...

Oh my gosh - you made a sweater!!! You are so talented and it is adorable on you!!! suzy

Heather said...

Very pretty. I would love to learn to knit. I recently borrowed books from the library to learn to crochet. I want to make some fun flower hats for my girls!

Sarah said...

Your sweater is gorgeous! I still love the fall colors one you did earlier too. Beautiful. I've been knitting, but nothing finished recently so no pics yet. I'll come back when I'm finished w/my cable scarf. I am loving it. One question about your sweater - what knitting level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) would you say it is? I am trying to get up the nerve to do a sweater! Thanks!

Ania said...

It looks fabulous on you!!:)

Anonymous said...

beautiful work as always!!!! Keep posting your creations.

JLKolenda

Rene Sharp said...

Hi Cindy! This is absolutely stunning, it looks fantastic on you. I have recently finished my Nimbus cardigan. It was a great knit, it only took me about 5 days to knit! I haven't loaded it on my blog yet but it is on Flikr account. Tomorrow I am starting my Minimalist Cardigan which I am knitting for my Ravelympics project.

Amy Hummel said...

Very cute. I wish I could knit. I'm sure I'll learn one day. For now... I'm a little swamped in hobbies as it is! I've been meaning to ask. Where did you get the distressed edge (or whatever you want to call it) for your photos. I've been looking around for something unsuccessfully and what you're using is exactly what I've been looking for! Did you buy it, or is it something you've made on your own?

amyhummel@hotmail.com

Heather M. said...

Oh, that is awesome! It looks so good on you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...