Thursday, March 01, 2007

A Journal for My Little Writer



Note: I had to remove the image of this project per Paper Trends Magazine's request. It will be published in their August/September 2007 issue.

I decorated this composition book for Moya. She loves to write, especially short stories. I wanted a pretty book made specifically for her that she can fill with her wild imaginings. I thought the photo on the cover would be fun to personalize it for her. I also embellished a giant paper clip with some fun ribbons and chipboard that she can use as a page marker in her journal. To finish it off I inked the edge of the pages with a red ink pad.

Supplies: Patterned Papers, Chipboard, Ribbon & Alphabet Stamp: Fancy Pants Designs. Cardstock: Bazzill. Flower: Heidi Swapp for Advantus. Computer Font: 2Peas Starlet downloaded from www.twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com. Acrylic Paint: Making Memories. Ink Pads: Colorbox by Clearsnap. Pen: Sakura. Other: Composition book, giant paper clip, key ring, embroidery floss, & buttons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous composition book. i'm sure she loved it:)

Anonymous said...

I love this journal. Love the paper clip, and the inked edges. It never occured to me to do that, but it finishes it off so nicely. -Julia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...