Monday, June 25, 2007

Tropicana

My mom had planted rose bushes along one side of the house we lived in when I was a child. My favorite, hands down, was the Tropicana. I loved it's sweet fruity smelling orange blooms. I remember drinking in the fragrance when they would bloom every year. I loved them. My parents moved from that house a long time ago and I have not seen nor smelled that rose in years...until yesterday morning. My wonderful hubby got up bright and early, taking our son with him and bought me some roses. He brought them up to me in bed and I was awakened to that sweet fruity smell and those beautiful coral orange blooms. The funny thing is...I had never told him about the rose bush at my parents old house. What a wonderful surprise and trip down memory lane. Thanks Allan! So what about you? What's your favorite flower? Any fond childhood memories about them?

9 comments:

Staci Compher said...

sounds like you have a great hubby!!! Beautiful flowers...and memory...

Anonymous said...

beautiful flowers! My favs are tulips. I have wonderful childhood memories of my grandmas garden it was just full of all diffrent kinds of flowers that she let us pick.

Kimber-Leigh said...

My favorite are blue hydrangeas...they remind me of "home" and one day I will live somewhere where they will thrive!!!

What a sweet surprise from you husband!

TanishaRenee said...

Sunflowers...the are big, bright and showy and they always remind me of Summer, my favorite time of year.

Anonymous said...

My fav flowers are roses. I like the look of the red ones and the pink ones aoways smell good. Will have to get some of those Tropiocanna sometime. So you think Allen could tell Dave where he got them? =)
What a great story!
Julia

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

Haven't heard from you in a while. What a great way to wake up in the morning. I love cala lilies because of their long elegant stems and simple yet sophisticated blooms. Jenny

Anonymous said...

Snapdragons! I have always loved them. They come is so many wonderful colors and their little heads can be pinched open and they look like little dragons.

Rachael said...

Beautiful!! What a great memory!!

Natália Rosin said...

Hey, girl. I saw your page at SIStv, and then I get your blog, and now I'm lovin your work.

Can I link your blog on mine?

xoxo

ºNati

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...