Wednesday, December 22, 2010

stocking stuffer

How's your week going so far? Has it been filled with lots of holiday preparations and activities? I've been enjoying having my kiddos home - hearing their sweet voices and laughter throughout the day. Love that! Yeah, I'm pretty much blocking out the sounds of their arguing. ;-)

Today I have a fun and easy project to share with you that would make a great stocking stuffer! Pretty hair pins made with Dear Lizzy + American Crafts products.

Here is what you'll need to make your own.

To make the Flair hair pin, remove the foam adhesive from the back of the Flair badge. Adhere the badge to a crochet flower with hot glue.


Trim a small circle of felt and slide it into a hair pin as shown.

Adhere hair pin to flower with hot glue. Don't worry if the glue seeps out. Once it hardens you can use micro-tip scissors to trim away the excess.

The Dear Lizzy plastic rose brads also make a cute center for the crochet flowers. You can come up with all sorts of cute combinations with these fun products! 




To gift wrap these little hair pins I used a Laughing Cow Cheese package. These little round boxes are perfect for so many different crafts. Simply cover with patterned paper and embellishments.






 
 Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of this Christmas week!



11 comments:

Sasha Holloway said...

love it to pieces

Anonymous said...

I love these, girl!!! So glad I was the recipient of this particular set! :-) The girls have been wearing them non-stop.

photochic said...

These are sooo cute! Makes me want to make some... thanks for sharing, Cindy!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Cindy! I love these, and their box is adorable too!
~Julia

Theresa Smith said...

I don't know which is cuter . . . the hair pins or the Laughing Cow packaging!! I would have never thought of doing that with cheese packaging!!

Megan said...

These are so cute! Thanks for the fun idea, Cindy. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Staci Taylor said...

oooh, those are so so cute, cindy - great idea! merry xmas to you and your family! :-)

jennifer h said...

These are too CUTE!! I have these materials in my stash and am totally going to try to make a few gift sets. Thank you so much for the inspiration :)

Danielle Flanders said...

adorable project!

JENNY K. said...

I love those hair pins and the packaging is adorable!

Tiff said...

What a great way to use up your supplies!!!! Love this idea! It's like the Semi-Homemade of crafting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...