Wednesday, April 16, 2014

From the Pages of My Sketchbook

Yes, I'm back with even more bird sketches. I think they are my favorite subject to paint right now. On a side note, the birds outside our house were chirping like crazy this morning. I think the freak April snow confused them. Poor little birdies.

For this colorful fella I used Derwent Inktense Pencils blended with a water brush. I love how vibrant the colors are and that the pencils blend so well with water.

Since I started focusing on painting again, I have finally filled my first sketchbook. It might sound silly, but this is a big accomplishment for me right now. I'm sticking with it and fitting...no, making time to make art almost every day now, which has been my intention for well over a year. I have several different sketchbooks that I'm currently using, but this is the first one with filled pages.  

Yay!

My completed pocket Moleskine sketchbook. Started December 2013 and completed March 2014.

This little sketchbook will probably always hold a special place in my heart. Pages filled, a goal achieved, and hopefully the start of something much bigger.

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...