Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mixed Media Daffodil

This summer I have probably taken hundreds of flower photos. Yep. Hundreds. I see a beautiful bloom and I want to paint it. I'm just drawn to them. The colors, shapes and awesome textures get me every single time. Allan is constantly having to wait for me while I take another flower photo. Thankfully he doesn't mind. He's awesome like that. I'm saving most of these photos to paint from this winter when it's gray and gloomy here. I think that's a pretty good plan. ;-)

This daffodil, however, demanded to be painted right away on a greeting card for my dear friend Amy's birthday. 

Supplies: Watercolor card, artist watercolors, opaque watercolor, acrylic paint, and waterproof pens.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...