Monday, August 22, 2011

The New Camera

Well, I had hoped to have some new projects to share today, but life has kept me too busy. Lots of driving Moya to basketball practice, laundry, shopping, being sick with allergy symptoms, etc. I thought I'd hop on to tell you about my new camera though.

Oh how I LOVE my new camera...oops, did I say "my" new camera? What I meant to say was "our" new camera. I have to say "our" because I have to share it with my husband. He likes to play family photographer too. Which is good I suppose, mostly, except for when we both want the camera at the same time. Something about "sharing" and "playing nice" comes to mind...but I'd rather they didn't, because when it comes to this new camera...I want to shout, "IT'S MIIINE!" Yep, real mature right? It's the camera's fault. It's just too awesome not to be stingy with. 

We've been dreaming of upgrading our Canon Rebel Xti to a 5D for quite some time now, BUT then Allan visited our local camera shop to purchase a new point-and-shoot (this little number which is awesome by the way!) and he started asking the camera shop guy questions. He always does that. Asks lots of questions. Which is good, except for when it leads him to a new item that he really wants to buy...anyhoo, this time it led him to the Rebel T3i. After lots of talking, comparing, and questions, Allan was pretty much sold on the T3i being our next camera. He came home and told me all about it...I however, was NOT convinced (after all, I'd been dreaming of a 5D for a loooong time). I needed some serious convincing! So Allan did some research online. Found some great info and he actually ended up talking me into it! I'm so glad he did. So far we LOVE this camera. Our biggest complaint with our Xti was that it didn't perform well in low light conditions. The T3i does. Much less grain in photos at higher ISO settings. This was definitely a good upgrade for us, especially at the much cheaper price tag! We found out the T3i actually has the same sensor as the 60D and 7D. You can check out this blog post by Allan that expounds on this. Oh, and this camera has HD video too!


Allan took these photos at Elijah's swim class the other night. He used our Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens, and shot at 1600 ISO. There is still some grain in the photos, but with our old camera there would be a LOT more. We always had to use our 50mm f/1.8 lens in low light settings, which is a bummer if you want to zoom in or take a wider shot. I can hardly wait to try out our new camera at Moya's baskeball games! Of course, I'll have to fight the hubs for it...or, I suppose, we could just take turns with it. It's so hard to be an adult sometimes. Sigh.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Congrats on the new camera! Have fun!
~Julia

Kristin Hayne said...

You are so funny. Sharing is hard sometimes, huh? Congrats on the new camera!! Can't wait to see what the two of you will do with it!! And girl... I understand busy... it has been crazy here too!!
Hugs to you and the fam!!

JENNY K. said...

Beautiful photos Cindy. I love the clarity. I would like to purchase a Dlsr but I'll have to be patient. :~)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...