Thursday, September 22, 2011

His First Glasses

The little man came home from his second day of school stating he couldn't read the board from his seat in the back of the classroom. Wait. What? His words sounded strangely familiar...and with good reason. Rewind three years to the same classroom, the same teacher and the same grade. It was Moya who came home stating she couldn't see the board from the exact same back of the classroom. Odd. Odder still, my mom said that's the age my brother got his first pair of glasses too. So. Can somebody tell me? Is fourth grade or age nine the age for eyesight to start going bad?

Anyway, I took the little man in for an eye exam and sure enough! He needed glasses. We picked them up two days ago. Doesn't he look handsome in them?! He picked them out all by himself.

It's fun to hear him "ooh" and "aah" over how crisp and clear things are now...to see individual leaves on trees rather than just a green blob. And he is serious about keeping them clean and taking care of them! He had me go through the cleaning process with him step-by-step and he is determined not to miss a step. Honestly, I'm not surprised by this. He's the type who wants to read the instruction book from cover to cover before starting the task...yep, he gets that from me...that, and the poor eyesight. Sigh. Allan is now outnumbered. He's the only one in the house without glasses. 

Before I go, I have a layout featuring American Crafts products to share with you. That's Elijah enjoying the annual bonfire at his grandparent's house. This boy loves s'mores...especially the marshmallows!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


3 comments:

Kristin Hayne said...

OH WOW! What a handsome little guy. Mason told me that "the chicks dig the glasses..." So no worries E....
And I know that the development of the eye/vision in a child doesn't stop changing until 7 or 8 years old. So I wonder if 9 is when it settles on what it is going to be from there on out. Who knows. But he is adorable!!
Gorgeous layout too.... love your use of the AC products....:) Miss you!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I got my first pair of glasses in 4th grade too. They look super cute on him!!!!
Dena G.

Veena said...

Cute little fellah. The LO is tastefully done with the ribbons and the button embellishment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...