Friday, September 02, 2011

I want candy...

Having a sweet tooth when you have as many food allergies as I do is One. Big. Bummer.

I love me some candy. I have a sweet tooth,  I do. I admit it. I know it. I own it. The only problem is I also have lots of food allergies. What is most candy sweetened with? Corn (corn syrup, glucose, dextrose). What am I allergic to? Corn. What's a girl to do?! This girl searches the candy aisle of the health food store every time I visit! I don't always buy, because, one - I don't need that much sugar (even if I do want it), and let's face it, if I buy it, it's going in my tummy, and two - it's so stinkin' expensive! I try to just treat myself with some every once in a while, like when I need snacks for a trip. While snack shopping for a recent trip I came across these.

Seriously, I spotted these and it was just me and this little bag of root beer candies in that store. Everything else faded away. I think someone had a spotlight on us too...or maybe it was just on the candy, I can't be sure. And I think there was music, maybe the angels were singing. It was a beautiful moment.

When I was jolted back to reality by the sound of my kids arguing, I snatched the bag up, checked the ingredients, kept myself from yelling "yes!" (while doing a fist pump) when I realized I COULD actually eat these, tossed them into my shopping basket and went on my merry way.

You have to understand. These are root beer flavored candies. Root beer! I loved root beer barrels as a kid. LOVED. THEM. Honestly, I really didn't think these would be as good...oh my yum! Was I ever wrong! They are even BETTER! Disclaimer: Now, they may or may not be better than root beer barrels. It's hard to know for sure since I haven't had a root beer barrel in over eleven years. At any rate, these are awesome and I'm so glad I found them...now I just need to keep from buying them every time I visit the health food store. :)

For those of you who may wonder what ingredients are in these little sweets, here you go. Also, you can buy these online from several places. Check out this list at the Yummy Earth site.

If you haven't entered the CK giveaway in the post below make sure to do so by midnight EST tonight! 

Happy weekend all!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Cindy! Great find!
~Julia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...