Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Crocheting Triangles: Mission complete.

My mission, given by Elijah, was to make him an afghan. After eight months of crocheting triangles and sewing them together, I have finally completed Elijah's afghan. He is one happy boy, which makes my heart so very happy. I love that my kids love handmade stuff. Stuff handmade by their mama. That makes me happy too.  

I made it quite large. He can actually use it on his twin size bed if he wants. I was going to make it smaller, but he was concerned that he might be really tall when he grows up, and it would be too small then. So cute.

I kind of like it on our couch, but I was a good mom and let Elijah take it up to his room. You'll find yarn and pattern information in this previous post.


5 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

WTG! This afghan looks awesome! Even better that your son treasures it...time well-spent. :)

stefani said...

That is one amazing blanket! I love it!

jengd said...

Beautifully done! It's awesome that he loves it so much!

Anonymous said...

This afghan turned out awesome! That is so cute that E wanted to make sure the afghan would still fit him when he is grown up. Great job!
~Julia

CraftyViolet said...

Love it! That is a lot of work but obviously a labour of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...