Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December Daily: Days 1 & 2

Day one. I used Ali's templates as a base. This made it so much easier! I punched that star with this Fiskars punch and filled the negative space with washi tape from Michaels.

Elijah had his final swimming lesson. We had a deal that once he was able to swim the length of the pool without stopping, he could take martial arts - which he really, really wanted to do. Now he's an Orange Deputy Belt in Tang Soo Do Kyohoe Kwan! Time flies.

Supplies: Wood Veneer: Studio Calico, Twine: Divine Twine, Letter Stickers: Jenni Bowlin, Fonts: NeoRetroDraw and Print Clearly, Washi tape: Michaels, Patterned paper: unknown. 

Day two was filled with errands and spending time with my little man. I used a lot of ephemera on this spread - a bit of my Target shopping bag, part of my coffee cup sleeve, the B&N logo is from their website, and the Snoopy image is from a clothing tag (from a shirt purchased that day for Elijah.)


I included a few of these square transparencies, with the date on them, throughout the album. I wanted to include them with every spread, but with numbers and embellishments on each one, that proved too thick for my album. I couldn't come close to closing the thing, so I had to remove several of them. I really should have thought that through better before starting. Apparently, I was too stinkin' excited about including the transparencies to think through the logistics of it. The Muppets tag is from another shirt purchase for the boy that day. The photos are from my cell phone's camera...which is not the greatest quality, but I'm okay with that. I captured some precious memories and that is what counts!

Supplies: Wood Veneer: Studio Calico, Letter Stickers: American Crafts, Font: NeoRetroDraw, Patterned paper: American Crafts, Transparency: Hobby Lobby, Chipboard "2": 2011 Ali Edwards/Studio Calico December Daily kit, Washi Tape: unknown.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...