Monday, January 27, 2014

Life right now.

I'm happy to say that I've been able to sketch and paint almost daily this past week. I love this small Moleskin sketchbook. I keep it in my purse and sketch while waiting to pick up the kids from school and then add color to my sketches later at home. The paper is thin so it wrinkles a bit with water media, but since they are just sketches, I'm okay with wrinkled pages. You can see Moya in the background of this photo working on her own sketch. I so love this creative time with her.

I made some gluten-free chocolate chip muffins per Moya's request. That girl worked so hard studying for her first high-school exams. It paid off too, her lowest score was an A-. I'm one proud mama, but mostly, because of her discipline and strong work ethic.  

This is my third bracelet created using this Waxed Irish Linen tutorial (third video down in link). I kind of love making these. It's the perfect project for a cold snowy day, snuggled under an afghan on the couch. The way this winter is going I may end up with enough of these bracelets to open an etsy shop!

Snow. Snow...and more snow. Oh, and cold too. It's 5 degrees outside right now and feels like -14. Brr. The kids are home with another snow day and I wouldn't be surprised if they have one tomorrow as well. This winter has been relentless. I am so thankful for neighbors who offer us the use of their snow blower and a daughter who shovels without complaining. (Elijah was sick this weekend, so no shoveling for him. I don't think he minded.) 

This week I'm taking Carla Sonheim's Faces 101 class. Today is day one and I will create 101 faces in five days. The sketch above was done using my left (non-dominant) hand. I'm hoping this class will help me to loosen up a bit, embrace imperfection, and get me a little closer to my own painting style. So far, it's pretty fun! I haven't done non-dominant hand drawings since high school. Well, I'm off to do some painting.

Stay warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...