Wednesday, December 23, 2009

kids Christmas craft

We're halfway through our first week of Christmas break and we've been having lots of fun! Watching movies, playing games, reading, and today we made a really fun craft. The kids each have their own mini Christmas tree, so we made strands of garland for them. This is definitely not a new idea by any means, but since it was such a big hit with my kids I thought I'd share it with my blog readers. I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for fun and easy projects for my kids.


Supplies:
pom pom balls (we used a bag of 100 purchased at Hobby Lobby)
embroidery floss
embroidery needles

Instructions:
1. Cut embroidery floss to desired length.
2. Thread floss onto needle. (You may need to do this for your kiddoes.)
3. String pom poms onto floss (try to push needle through the very center of each pom pom and I showed my kids how to hold the pom pom and needle to keep from getting poked).
4. Tie a knot on each end of the floss and add garland to tree.

You could also try placing buttons in between each pom pom.

This is such a fun and EASY project, that Moya, Elijah, and I highly recommend! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had fun!
Merry Christmas!
~Julia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...