Thursday, March 25, 2010

ck layouts

I thought it would be fun to start sharing some of my work from each issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. I won't share them all here, but I do post all of them in my gallery at Club CK if you'd like to see them. I'm starting off with the January and February 2010 issues.

As seen in the January 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

She Loves to Bake is a hybrid layout. The yellow dot papers, framed photos and the word "Bake" were put together in PSE and printed onto photo paper to add to my cardstock. As you can see I layered lots of embellishments over the printouts. Moya is baking bread at my mom's house in these photos. She loves to bake! 

As seen in the February 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

Both Loyal Friend and The Missing Mittens (below) were part of the Making the Most of It column that I was excited to write for February's issue. It was so fun coming up with ideas for making good use of leftover products. Here Moya is playing with my dad's dog, Rusty. I created a faux memory board with scalloped border strips and a little embroidery floss. Easy peasy! 

As seen in the February 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

Elijah started winter with two sets of mittens and at some point he lost one from each pair, thankfully he was left with one right hand mitten and one left hand mitten for this mismatched set. For the "snowballs" on this page I used leftover embellishment packaging, stuffed it with pulled apart cotton balls, added some glitter, and even a paper mitten into one. I sandwiched these between cardstock and patterned paper and secured with adhesive and machine stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I love seeing your layouts in CK! Even more now that I've found your blog. They are all so cute. I do love how you pull all of your embellishments together, but your layouts still have clean lines and focus on the photos.

Anonymous said...

You are amazingly talented girl!!! I'm your #1 fan! :-)

JENNY K. said...

I love the layouts. How long does it take for you to do a spread like that? Moya is a girl after my own heart. :~)

Heather M. said...

So happy you are sharing more layouts here! I think I tie Amy for #1 fan though. :)

Julia said...

Great layouts Cindy! Creative and inspiring ideas in each one.

Beck on Melrose said...

I love the baking layout! Thats a great line too. I love how many photos you were able to use while still creating a great design. I've been working on a family cookbook with the Basic Grey nook & pantry line. So fun.

Bellaidea said...

Great layouts! Photos are fun and all embellishments are just cute!
Regards,
http://bellaideascrapology.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...