Monday, August 06, 2012

CK Layout Share

Wow. Stayed up until midnight watching the Olympics and then got up at 6 a.m. for an early doctor's appointment. Ouch. Crazy tired today. I see a nap in my near future. I hope.

I haven't been doing too much scrapwise these days, but I thought I'd share some of my recent CK publications.

As seen in the July/August 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

"Aspiring Writer" is all about my daughter's love of writing. I took her favorite written creation, scanned it in, and layered it over a photo of her using Photoshop Elements, so that her hand written text is layered over her face (see the photo framed with green tissue paper). I also printed the scanned text onto normal printer paper and created an envelope with it to hold her actual story. This was such a fun layout to create - I loved using my daughter's writing as a design element.     

As seen in the Mixed Media Scrapbooking special issue from Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

I created buttons with a wood grain texture using air-dry clay for my "'No Hips' Elijah" layout. You can learn how to make buttons like these in the Mixed Media Scrapbooking special issue. This is a great issue full of awesome mixed media ideas for scrapbooking. And it has something for everyone, whether you are a clean and simple scrapbooker, or love to get messy and add lots of layers and textures to your pages.   

As seen in the Simple Scrapbooks special issue from Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

"A Mess of Fun" is one of the most fun layouts I've created in a while and it's so funny because it was for the  Simple Scrapbooks special issue, which means I was limited in the number of supplies I could use. It forced me to be more creative. Oh, and this is another "must-have" issue. Lots of great ideas! And best of all? They're simple

Well, that's all for now. I have finally started working on Project Life and plan to share real soon. Like this week. What have you been working on? Or are you focusing more on sunshine this summer?

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun layouts Cindy!
Love watching the Olympics, too!
~Julia

Terri H. said...

It's so good to see your work again. Love the home-made buttons! :-)

Kim said...

I haven't read your blog in a long time, and I'm glad I did. I'm so sorry to hear about your illness, but so glad to hear that you are improving. I'll be praying for your continued good health. Your great attitude is really a big part of the healing process. Take care. :)

Jen Gallacher said...

Hoping you feel better. Worry about you!

JENNY K. said...

What a beautiful layout Cindy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...