Thursday, August 16, 2012

Project Life: Week 1

I know it's currently Week 33, and maybe I'm crazy, but I'm starting with the first week of January. You see, even though I haven't been working on my album, I've still been documenting our everyday life. Taking photos, lots of photos, and scribbling notes into a daily calendar, and piling ephemera into a basket. So I have all this stuff just waiting to be put into page protectors. And now that my health is a little better, I'm ready to get the past 32 weeks into an album! So here is my week one. For those of you wondering what in the world Project Life is, check out this awesome video.



I gleaned a lot of great ideas from Ali Edwards and purchased some of her digital products to make the process go more quickly. I also pulled lots of product from my stash and organized it in a basket. Having everything together will also make this process go more quickly.


I'm using Becky Higgins page protectors and her Clementine Core Kit along with lots of odds and ends from my scrapbooking stash. I'm using my Silhouette to cut weekly title cards. I'll back them with various patterned papers (here I chose a diagonal yellow stripe from Echo Park), and maybe ephemera and photos too. I plan to use a lot of mini bags in my album, like the blue chevron print above. You can purchase them in a variety of sizes, colors, and prints at CuteTape online. They have lots of great washi tape too.

I wanted to include a tag with journaling inside the mini bag, but the opening for the page protector pocket is on the other side of the page. To make the tag accessible I simply cut a slit in the page protector a bit wider than the tag. Now it can be easily pulled out for viewing. 


The colored tags (red above) that I will use throughout my album are from CuteTape as well. The photo corners (yellow dots, red stripes) are just triangles cut from ribbon. So easy.

Well, that's it for week one. If you have any questions about my pages or the products I used, just let me know. Thanks for stopping by!





 

6 comments:

jengd said...

Good for you! I don't think it's ever too late to do this if you have the photos and documentation. Question for you - what printer are you using? The photos look great and I'm thinking about a new printer that I could actually print photos from- love to know what you used for these. Tnx!

justem said...

This is awesome! Love the look of it! I am currently on Week 15...super behind, but like you I am dedicated to working on it and finishing it w/my own timeline!

Kristie W. said...

Fantastic pages! I love the mixture of product/memorabilia included. Good for you for starting now...I bought everything and then never started putting the pages together. Gave up on saving stuff (except for pics for traditional pages). Planning to start with this weekend and document from birthday to birthday for myself instead of making it more of a 'family' album (it's just me, DH and our dog).

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I was just about to place my amazon order, but now that I've seen your pages, I'm changing my mind about the page protectors. I am going to order all the same style. Love seeing these and can't wait to see more! Love you, friend!

Julia said...

Great pages! I'm thinking I should do this next year. I see Ali's and her process, and it seems doable.
Sounds like you have a good plan in place too. Maybe....
~Julia

JENNY K. said...

Love this idea! Glad you're starting to feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...