Monday, March 04, 2013

Photo Walk: Snow Day

Last week we found ourselves under a new blanket of snow and ice that caused a snow day. I have to be honest, I am so tired of winter. Really. Truly. But regardless, everything looked so beautiful with a fresh blanket of white that I couldn't help but grab my camera and go for a short walk while the kids shoveled the drive. For some odd reason they didn't want to go for a walk in the snow. They just stared at me like I was crazy.

I love this pine tree weighed down with fresh snow. Beautiful.

And this is what I found back at home. I think the driveway was about half shoveled at this point and I'm pretty sure he was wishing that he was in school.

These are Moya's boot prints. I love the cool texture and pattern. I think it will translate well into a painted background. I can't wait to experiment!

Here's hoping that my next photo walk will be in warmer weather!






p.s. For those of you not familiar with photo walks - a photo walk is exactly what it sounds like, bringing your camera on a walk and recording what you see. Most photo walkers do this as a way to document their walk, improve their photography skills, or to capture inspiration - which is why I've begun this activity. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...