Friday, April 19, 2013

CK Layout Share

As seen in the March/April 2013 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

It's been a while since I've shared a traditional layout. Lots of Project Life showing up here lately. I really haven't been doing any traditional scrapbooking other than for Creating Keepsakes. Weekly Swim was published in the March/April issue. 

This was such a fun layout to create! I used my Silhouette to cut the sun embellishment. I cut the same shape from cardstock and a couple different patterned papers and then combined pieces from each. There is also a piece of yellow tissue paper layered in there for added dimension and texture. I used alcohol ink from Ranger to create the watery effect on my layout. You can find the "how-to" in the March/April issue of CK. I used the mega cool rain template from Crafter's Workshop designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I cut some raindrops from the inked transparency and hand stitched others.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the layout Cindy!
It looks like it was a lot of fun to create.
~Julia

JENNY K. said...

I love how you did the rain drops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...