Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Backyard Garden: The seeds have sprouted.

It's probably silly, but I am giddy that our little seeds have actually turned into baby plants.

Left to right: carrots, zucchini, and bok choy. Only two of the four bok choy plantings germinated. I need to get out there this week and replant.

Green beans. We had one plant die, eight out of nine is pretty good though. This, and all previous photos were taken on May 30th.


Bok choy and zucchini after five more days of growth.

We actually have a few little peppers starting. I was also pretty giddy about this discovery. Seriously. My children thought I was nuts because of my excitement. I've never grown my own veggies before. This is all new to me. I can't help but feel excited! Photo taken June 4th.

We also have some tomatoes starting. Yes. I'm hoping for lots more. Photo taken June 6th.

So I am feeling pretty good about the progress of our little organic garden. If you have any questions, please ask, and if you have any advice, please share. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...