Thursday, August 08, 2013

CK Layout Share


As seen in the July/August 2013 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.

I love roller coasters. Or at least I think I still do. This was the last time I rode one, back in 2008 while I was at the Mall of America for ScrapFest with Fancy Pants Designs. It really was a lot of fun, and looking at these photos makes me want to plan a trip to Cedar Point.

On my layout, I used stitching and directional triangles to mimic the movement of the coaster. The stars in the background were achieved by misting ink over a mask that I created and cut with my Silhouette. That awesome amusement park themed paper is from Studio Calico.

For a fun twist on the traditional photo corner, I used this awesome tutorial from How About Orange to make an origami heart from a sales receipt.

You can read more about my layout in the current issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are a brave girl!! LOL I won't ride that ride!!! Me and rollercoasters don't mix well. LOL It is fabulous page! I love the sewing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...