Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Backyard Garden: One giant zucchini.

This is what happens when you get a few days of rain and neglect checking on your garden. You grow a thirteen inch long zucchini! Now compared to the world record size of sixty-nine and a half inches, this is tiny, but it is way bigger than I would've liked. I was afraid this thing would be quite seedy, but surprisingly, it wasn't too bad, and the flavor was pretty good too. I made zucchini chips with half of it and the other half is waiting to be used for another meal...or, if Allan and Moya have their say, more zucchini chips. 

We harvested some more carrots. These were a free seed packet included with my order from Baker Creek. I probably won't plant these again as the carrots are so tiny and kind of a pain to peel, but they do have good flavor. Photos taken July 30th.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...