Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Project Life: Ephemera

For those of you who've read my previous Project Life posts, you know that I started my album very late into the year. Crazy late. But even though I wasn't working on my album, I was keeping notes in a calendar, taking tons of photos and collecting ephemera. This is my ephemera basket. Isn't it pretty?! It was a gift from this sweet friend. Oh, and, please ignore the dusty piano - wish I would've noticed that before snapping the photo. Oh well, reality usually is dusty, dirty or sticky...at least it is at my house. Back to the basket - as you can see, it's pretty full of stuff. My plan was to just pull items out as I put my album together, but I quickly realized that wasn't going to work. It was taking way too much time to dig through the basket to find what I wanted, and it would be easy to miss an item. I needed the ephemera organized into weeks.


I decided to use a pretty three-ring binder (from Target), page sleeves and address labels. Simple. Easy.  As you can see, I have a page sleeve for each week to stuff ephemera into. And in case you are wondering, no, all the ephemera in that basket did not fit into this 1" binder. I ended up purchasing a big, clunky, 3" binder. I'll go back to using this one once I get caught up.

How do you organize ephemera?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea!
And,beautiful basket!
~Julia

Christine Duff said...

Love your organizing tip and your basket!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...