Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crocheting Hexagons

Ever since stumbling upon this great hexagon tutorial from Lucy at Attic 24, I've been wanting to make a hexagon afghan. This is my start. My first crocheted hexagon. I love it!

Here's my stash of yarn waiting to be made into hexagons. I selected CotLin DK Yarn from Knit Picks. As the name suggests, it's a cotton/linen yarn - really soft, vibrant colors, and it's supposed to be durable. Our afghans get used a lot, so yarn durability is really important.

I've actually completed quite a bit since taking these photos. I'll share an update soon. The thing I love about Lucy's tutorial is that she teaches you how to crochet the hexagons together as you go. There's no sewing a multitude of little hexagons together at the end. Good stuff. Can't wait to complete this and add it to our afghan/quilt stash.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty pattern?!?! Can't wait to see the finished project.
~Julia

Kim Watson said...

So pretty Cindy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...